Launched in 2010, Evolution Netball has established itself as the leading coaching provider for girls aged 8 to adult.
Evolution Netball provides a broad understanding of the game, from important footwork skills to perceptional awareness in a fun and safe environment. This girls-only activity offers training for girls aged 8 to adult with recreational and competitive programmes available.
Led by Michele Hudson and former Scotland International Thenneh Conteh, the 2016/2017 season promises to be an exciting one for the Evo Netball programme.
- Coaches who understand how habits are formed
- Coaches who possess knowledge on how players learn
- Practices that progress in a logical sequence
- Practices that are performed in relative areas of the field
- Enthusiastic, well organized and qualified coach
- Well planned session that has a technical and tactical focus
- Coach allows players to solve problems
- Keep it simple, do not over coach
- Respect the player, parent, coach, official – Fair Play
- Positive feedback from the coach creates a learning environment and enjoyment of the game.
Areas of Focus
Some of the critical areas we focus on during our sessions:
- Ball handling
- Ball retention (speed ball)
- Abilities and Goals/goal attempt actions
- Attacking techniques,
- Attacking play from center position
- Defensive techniques
- Defensive play from center position
- Correct throwing and catching of the ball
- Position play
- Court play